Uterine packing with CELOX™ PPH compared to balloon tamponade for managing postpartum haemorrhage.
Dueckelmann AM, Hinkson L, Nonnenmacher A, Siedentopf JP, Schoenborn I, Weizsaecker K, Kaufner L, Henrich W, Braun T. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019; 240:151-155.
Retrospective cohort study (n=78)
- Assessment of the effectiveness and safety of CELOX™ PPH versus balloon tamponade for managing severe PPH
- CELOX™ PPH is an excellent treatment for severe PPH and is at least equivalent to the balloon tamponade
- Following the introduction of CELOX™ PPH the incidence of hysterectomies (versus standard of care) was reduced by 50%
- CELOX™ PPH is particularly effective in managing PPH resulting from uterine atony or placenta bed bleeding following vaginal or caesarean section deliveries.
- CELOX™ PPH is especially beneficial for cases involving lower uterine segment atony, placenta previa bed bleeding, and coagulopathy.
- No adverse events or treatment-related morbidity were linked to CELOX™ PPH